POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Children don't look... : Re: Children don't look... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Children don't look...
From: clipka
Date: 13 Apr 2009 18:10:01
Message: <web.49e3b76855da85cf2dae03a10@news.povray.org>
CShake <cshake+pov### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Nice job. One detail that keeps catching my attention is the fingers
> seem to overlap a lot. The skin doesn't seem to deform at the
> intersection, it just goes through the other one.

I noticed that, too; it doesn't draw much attention in the full scene though :P
Given that I didn't do any magnets work on the hands, I think they look good
enough. Maybe a little less bend on some fingers.

(BTW, does someone know how to use magnets in Poser so that they affect multiple
body parts at once?)

> Great textures and composition though!

Thanks. As for textures, I can only claim to have textured the bed: The others
are basically DAZ stuff (not the default textures though). The only thing I had
to fix was that the textures turned out too bright in POV-Ray (which is probably
a gamma issue; anyway tweaking with "assumed_gamma" helped; so I really guess we
should have a way to specify gamma correction on a per-texture-image basis), and
the woman's lips were a bit pale (but we don't see them in this detail shot of
course).

Fingernails were a major concern: They typically seem to come out too blueish.
Not this time fortunately.